How to Pass Your Driver's Test How to ensure the greatest chance of success for your K53 driver's test
10 Driving Test Tips
- Attend driving lessons consistently and preferably twice a week over a period of time before your test. Don’t cram!
- Be knowledgeable of the rules of the road and road signage. You may have to refresh your memory if you wrote your learner’s a while ago.
- When you book your test date, make sure to consult your diary and take off work if need be. Being late for your test is obviously not a great idea.
- Make sure you’re familiar with the car that you’ll be using for your driving test. If you’ve learned in our cars, please make sure you reserve one for the day.
- Learn the pre-trip inspection well. Nailing the pre-trip inspection will give you a bit of a confidence boost at the beginning of your test.
- Practice the driving test route to ensure that you aren’t faced with any surprises. The instructors at AA driving academy have knowledge of the test routes around Cape Town.
- Arrive early for your test. Doing so will help you remain calm.
- Don’t tell everybody about your driving test. This will only place added pressure on you.
- Focus on the road instead of worrying about the small mistakes. You are allowed to lose a certain amount of points during the test, but rolling the car, crossing the white line or hitting pedestrians will result in an instant fail.
- Thank the examiner at the end of your test.