The pre-trip inspection is a requirement for your driver’s test and is usually tested before the parking and driving. Learn the following steps and you’ll create a good first impression in the eyes of the examiner.
Inspect and recite the following:
- No leaks or obstructions under the car.
- Seat belt & door in working order.
- Mirror & windshield secure.
- Wiperblade un-perished.
- Tyre tread & pressure checked, wheel secure
- Headlights & bonnet secure.
- Water, oil, brake fluid & fanbelt checked.
- Left side of car same as previous.
- licence disc valid & petrol cap secure.
- Back window & tail lights secure / not cracked, boot securely closed.
- Back door & tyre same as previous.
Additional tips for pre-trip inspection
- Remember to speak clearly during your inspection.
- Start at the driver’s side and then walk slowly and counter clockwise around the car. Doing so will make it easier to remember the steps.